Collecting of Personal Data through the Site
- We will collect personal data of individuals who use the Site either automatically when you register, or as otherwise provided by you. For example, we may collect your name, email address, telephone number and details of your. All personal data that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal data. At our request, you shall promptly provide evidence of your identity.
- When you use the Site, we automatically collect and store information about your device and your activities. This information could include (a) your computer or other device’s unique ID number; (b) your mobile device’s geographic location while you are using the Site; (c) your IP address: (d) technical information about your mobile device such as type of device, web browser or operating system; (e) your preferences and settings such as time zone and language; (f) how long you used the Site and which services and features you used.
Use of your personal data
- We may use the personal data of individuals who use the Site to (a) manage your account and provide the services and support you request; (b) prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce the Terms; (c) customise, measure and improve our services, content and advertising; (d) tell you about our services; (e) better understand our users, diagnose and fix problems; (f) sell and display offers and ads that may be relevant to you; and (g) on an anonymous basis, for research purposes and for our general internal business purposes.
- We do not share personal information of individuals who use the Site with third parties except (a) when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared; (b) to allow advertisers and advertising networks to collect information about your computer or mobile device, activities, and geographic location to enable them to display targeted ads to you; (c) to respond to legal requirements (including under the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended, or its local equivalent) or protect a third party’s rights, property, or safety; and (d) to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents that we may appoint to perform functions on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions.
- When you register, you consent to receive email or text messages from us. You can choose to no longer receive emails or text from us by notifying us at email@example.com
Cookies & Mobile device IDs
- A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your browser’s memory or alternatively your computer’s hard drive. Cookies placed in your browser’s memory are called session cookies and cookies placed on your computer’s hard drive are called persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser, while persistent cookies remain on your hard drive, even after closing your browser. Session cookies are generally used to improve the user experience when using a website. Persistent cookies are generally used to store user preferences, including the preference to keep a user signed in, between browser sessions. You can delete cookies at any time or you can set your browser to reject or disable cookies although this may disable some of the functionality of the Site.
- We may also allow analytics companies, such as Google Analytics, to use tracking technologies to collect information about our users’ computers or mobile devices and their online activities. These companies analyse this information to help us understand how the Site is being used. Unlike cookies, this tracking technology cannot be deleted. In order to recognize you, store your preferences, and track your use of the Site, we may store your device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer) when you use the Site.
- Please see below for a complete list of the cookies on this Site and what they do.
- We take appropriate technical and organisational measures against the unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of or damage to such personal data. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise that your personal information, or other content will always remain secure.
Last updated: October 2016
CommonKIN™: Terms and Conditions
- We reserve the right to update these Terms from time to time at our discretion. If we do so, the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms so that you are aware of any changes.
- From time to time, certain parts of the Site may be available only to registered users. If you register at the Site, you warrant that all information provided to us is accurate and complete and you shall notify us of any changes to that information.
- Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their account password, and are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You must not allow any third party to access your account. Please take precautions to protect your password and contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe there has been any unauthorized use of your account. You should exit from your account at the end of each session. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Clause 4.
Use of the Site
- We hereby grant to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the Site for your own purposes. You acknowledge that no intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright and database rights) in the Site are assigned to you under these Terms. You can view, print or download extracts from the Site for your own use but you cannot otherwise copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit, disseminate in any form whatsoever or use all or part of the Site without our permission.
- The Site must not be used for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. In particular, you agree not to (a) try to gain unauthorised access to the Site or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the Site; (b) make for any purpose including error correction, any modifications, adaptions, additions or enhancements to the Site; (c) reproduce, redistribute, sell, create derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble all or part of the Site save to the extent expressly permitted by law; and/or (d) use the Site to provide services to third parties.
- Save in relation to content posted by users, the copyright in all material contained in the Site including all information, data, text, images, and all source code and other software is owned by or licensed to us. You have no right to sub-license the right to use the Site to any third party.
- There may be opportunities for you to interact and provide content to the Site (User Content). User Content must comply with all applicable law. In particular, but without limitation, your User Content must not (a) be inaccurate, false or misleading; (b) promote racism, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group, establishment or individual; (c) harass or encourage harassment of another person; (d) promote illegal activities, criminal conduct or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous; (e) contain inappropriate content, including sexual or violent content; (f) involve the transmission of junk mail, chain letters, or unsolicited mass mailing or spamming; and/or (g) infringe any third party rights, including copyright, trade marks or rights of privacy.
- We are not responsible and accept no liability for User Content. We accept no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any User Content but we reserve the right to remove, screen and/or edit any User Content without notice and at any time.
Link to third party content
- The Site may contain links to websites or applications operated by third parties. We do not have any influence or control over any such third party websites or applications and we are not responsible for and do not endorse any third party websites or applications or their availability or content.
- We accept no responsibility for adverts contained within the Site. If you agree to purchase goods and/or services from any third party who advertises in the Site, you do so at your own risk. The advertiser, and not us, is responsible for such goods and/or services and if you have any questions or complaints in relation to them, you should contact the advertiser.
Liability and disclaimer – Your attention is particularly drawn to this section
- We shall provide the Site with reasonable skill and care. However, the Site are provided on an “as is” basis. To the maximum extent permitted by law (a) we disclaim all liability whatsoever, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence or under statute) or otherwise in relation to the Site; and (b) all implied warranties, terms and conditions relating to the Site (whether implied by statue, common law or otherwise), including (without limitation) any warranty, term or condition as to accuracy, completeness, satisfactory quality, performance, fitness for purpose, availability and non-infringement are excluded.
- We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including negligence or under statute) or otherwise, as a result of or in connection with the Site, for any (a) economic loss (including, without limitation, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); (b) loss of reputation; (c) loss of data; (d) special or indirect or consequential loss even if advised of the possibility of such losses; and/or (e) any loss arising from your failure to provide accurate and complete information.
- Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as excluding or limiting our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability which cannot be excluded by English law.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to make the Site available to you at all times. However, there may be occasions when access to the Site may be interrupted, including for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. You should promptly report any fault in the Site to email@example.com and we shall endeavour to remedy the fault as soon as reasonably practical.
- We reserve the right to remove any content or features from the Site for any reason, without prior notice and/or to suspend or cease providing any services relating to the Site without notice, and shall have no liability or responsibility to you in any manner whatsoever in such circumstances.
- We may suspend or delete your account if (a) you have breached any provision of these Terms in particular in relation to payment of fees; (b) we cannot verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; and/or (c) we determine that your conduct could damage our reputation.
- You may terminate your account by following the instructions on the Site or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties and all other provisions shall remain in full force. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- You consent to receive all communications including notices and other information from us electronically. We may provide all such communications by email, text or by posting them on the Site.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Last updated: October 2016